Sunday, July 26, 2015

The Fifth Night

Today we went to Mitchell, SD. We drive through the rest of Wisconsin, Minnesota and the first part of South Dakota. The speed limit on I-90 is 80mph. Mitchell is the home of the Corn Palace.

They used real corn and hay to make these murals!

The corn palace is used as a meeting and gathering place, with performances and related taking place there.

Our destination is the Dakota Campground.
The weather was beautiful today.  However, the heat is definitely on. The temperature at 1 pm is 90•. We are amazed at all the wind turbine farms. Of course there are acres upon acres of corn and soy beans. 

We decided that we'd try something different. When we checked in we asked if they had a cabin available and they did, so we had the cabin (which had AC) and the site. I was going to sleep in the rig, but Michael insisted I sleep in the other bed in the cabin. So Michael, the dogs and I all slept on the cabin. I did connect to shore power and ran the a/c all night to keep the unit comfortable. It was really hot all night, never getting below 75•. 

Before we hooked up, we put the dogs in the cabin and fed them. Then we treated ourselves to a great dinner at Chef Louis' Steakhouse. 
Louis' Mascot
We left at 8:30 to get on the road.

Farewell Mitchell.

On the road again,

Walt



No comments: