The campground is Beach Rose RV Park, with a Good Sam rating of all 10's.
So the first thing I did, after backing onto the cement pad, was to start setting up the Trek. With the help of the owner's manual, I opened all three driver's side compartments. I remove the surge protector and plugged it into the receptacle. Next I connect the cable to the surge protector. So far so good - no sparks or explosions, but also no electricity. The circuit breakers were off. Easy fix.
Next came the city water; first the pressure regulator, then the water filter, the hose. No problem. Next (and in my opinion the most important) connect the cable antenna.
Now comes the hard part, connecting the sewer. If I may digress, Juli and I rented a 30' RV when we lived in Iowa to take our Rotary Exchange student to see some of the rest of the country. During this trip many things broke down: the brakes, fuel pump (a major problem and expense), and the sewer hose sprung a leak. As I set out to remove the hose from the unit, I realized I forgot to bring gloves with me. Gloves are important considering what goes through the hose. As I pulled the hose from its storage place, I realized I didn't have a long enough hose. It was about 7' too short. I ended up buying an extension and the Park owner showed how to connect it.
I now have water, sewer, power, and cable. Life is good. So I turned on the hot water heater and waited to have hot water to wash up before dinner and fix the doggies their dinner. No hot water. I go back to the owner's manual and can't find what I'm doing wrong. So after consulting the manual without success, I call my cousin (Maryann and Sally are avid Roadtrekkers for many years and have even put on seminars for other Trekkers at Rallies) and asked them for help. They walked me through all the steps without luck. They did remind me that I have a microwave and I could heat the water that way. My last resort was to call the previous owner and ask Matt what to do. Of course I couldn't find his phone number. I did find his e-mail address and shot him an explanation of what I had done and the results. Having fed the dogs and taken them for a walk, I decided it was time for my dinner.

1 comment:
PHOTOS please
Post a Comment