Monday, August 14, 2006

One of our 'exchange' kids, albeit an 'unofficial' one

 
Once upon a time, a co-worker from my Fairmont San Francisco Hotel days called us up to see what we could do to help our her brother, who was wanting to do a 'stage' at a good hotel in the U.S. He was coming from Denmark. Could I help?

Of course, we said, send him along, and I put him to work at the Hotel Captain Cook, working for Jens Hansen in the Crow's Nest. And what was his name? Well, Jens, of course -- Jens Nannestad.

That was in the early 80's, and look where he is now. Along the way, I helped to sponsor him into this country, and now he is the owner of a very successful restaurant in Anchorage, Southside Bistro, and about to be co-owner of the City Diner with Al Levinsohn.

What a small world it is, the hotel and restaurant world we inhabit.

It was such fun getting to see these two young men, successful and happy, and still in Anchorage.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: